1. Character: the person must have a sense of self not derived from others’ acceptance and must not be willing to sacrifice self in order to please others.
2. Integrity: the person must understand that to be trusted, one must be integrous, even in the most difficult situations.
3. Honesty: the person must know that honesty is the key to successful relationships and that dishonesty in any measure is still dishonesty.
4. Selflessness: the person must possess the understanding that the happiness and comfort of others is often more important that the happiness and comfort of oneself.
5. Imperfection: the person must realize that to err is human, mistakes are necessary for growth, and that one can ultimately be perfect in his or her imperfection.
and I’m still awake, writing a song.
If I get it all down on paper
it’s no longer inside of me,
threatening the life it belongs to.
Don’t call me past eleven PM.
It won’t happen again.
It happened once,
it happened twice,
it happened three times,
maybe four times,
maybe five times,
maybe, maybe happened six times,
but it won’t happen seven times,
no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
I’m not your late-night booty call.
Don’t call me past eleven PM,
it won’t happen again.
You can call me at ten fifty-nine,
but don’t call me at eleven because that’s my rule now.