1. Character: the person must have a sense of self not derived from others’ acceptance and must not be willing to sacrifice self in order to please others.
2. Integrity: the person must understand that to be trusted, one must be integrous, even in the most difficult situations.
3. Honesty: the person must know that honesty is the key to successful relationships and that dishonesty in any measure is still dishonesty.
4. Selflessness: the person must possess the understanding that the happiness and comfort of others is often more important that the happiness and comfort of oneself.
5. Imperfection: the person must realize that to err is human, mistakes are necessary for growth, and that one can ultimately be perfect in his or her imperfection.